2100 Oak Avenue
Northfield, New Jersey 08225
Phone: (609) 277-7079
Fax: (609) 568-5510
G. Robert Minisi MA
Supervisor of Special Education
Renee Waddell MSW LCSW SAC
Health and Physical Education Teacher
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain order in classroom.
* Establish and enforce guidelines for behavior in classroom.
* Communicate clear objectives for all assignments.
* Assign and grade routine class- and homework assignments.
* Administer and grade tests.
* Monitor students' progress.
* Give students constructive feedback.
* Evaluate students' academic performance.
* Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
* Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
* Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
* Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
* Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
* Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
* Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe,
question, and investigate.
* Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students' progress.
* Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools.
* Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
* Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and to determine priorities for their children and their resource needs.
* Instruct and monitor students in the use of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage.
* Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
* Prepare reports on students and activities as required by administration.
* Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of secondary school programs.
* Attend staff meetings and serve on committees, as required.
* Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those
* Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops to maintain and improve professional competence.
* Select, store, order, issue, and inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
* Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and bus loading and unloading.
* Maintained order in classroom.
* Instructed students in particular subjects, including English, mathematics, social studies, science, foreign language.
* Prepared classrooms for daily activities.
* Determined student needs.
* Exhibited excellent communication skills.
* Exhibited good conflict management skills.
* Demonstrated good problem-solving skills.
* Created a classroom environment conducive to learning.
* Developed stimulating and creative projects to engage students.
* Knowledge sets include: Coach.
Applicants should have a Bachelor's Degree
Applicant must possess NJ Teacher of Health and Physical Education Certification
Leave: Paid holidays, Sick
Insurance: Dental, Health, Life
Send resume and copies of certification to:
fax: 609 568 5510